Medical Therapeutic Yoga
Inhale peace. Exhale distraction.
Is your body tight and tense from sitting and looking at a screen all day? Are you looking for ways to unplug, energize your body and mind?
A 45 minute class helping you move, breath, focus and let go of some of those stressors. Various strategies will be explored during each session to relieve eyestrain, tension in your back, neck, hips, shoulders and wrists along with stress that can be used throughout your day at home, work and on the go. Small group format in a calm, learning environment including breathing exercises to enhance calm, focus and awareness.
Looking for a gentle way to increase your fitness while protecting your spine and joints? Use your body and breath to relieve stress, reduce anxiety and cope with the thoughts that pop up.
A 75 minute class focused on self-care, improving core strength, mobility and balance. Learn how to breath, relax, let thoughts come and go. Yoga blocks, yoga belts and other tools used to enhance body awareness, alignment and safety. Small group format with personal guidance and attention to breathing during poses, modifying poses and moving between them safely in a calm, supportive learning environment.
“Alignment corrections and breath work were very valuable and helpful.” ~ Client “She is a dedicated professional whose primary focus is the care and wellbeing of the participant.” ~ Client
- All sessions are instructed by Sandy Boehnke, an Occupational Therapist, certified Level-1 Professional Yoga Therapist.
- No prior yoga experience is required. You will be asked to sign a waiver, provide informed consent and information on any injuries or health concerns to facilitate your safe participation. All information shared is confidential. We respect your privacy, please do not send health information by email or through the website.
- Receipts for “Physical and Psychosocial Occupational Therapy Services” (OT) will be provided. Many Health Benefits Packages or Healthcare Spending Accounts cover Occupational Therapy Services. Contact your benefit provider.
- Pre-registration is required to meet individual needs within the group and to reserve your place.
- If you have any questions about our services, classes being a good fit for you or registration please call us at 780-318-3696 or connect.